Water Damage Carlsbad
What Do I Do for a Wet Carpet?
Water Damage on a carpet is one of the most frequent unwanted catastrophes in a home but luckily at 911 Restoration of San Diego we see this sort of thing regularly and our water damage Carlsbad team knows exactly what to do in such a case. In fact, we’re the most experienced around in the industry.
If you have a carpet or flooring that gets wet from water damage and that damage isn’t severe, you may be able to deal with it yourself. Some tips for cleaning up the water spill include:
- Moving furniture off of the wet carpet
- Vacuuming up any excess water
- Using towels and paper towels to soak up water
- Lifting the carpet to check for water underneath
- Making sure flooring below isn’t buckling
These steps can help you salvage a wet carpet that suffers minor damage. If you have a flood that truly drenches an entire room or carpet however, call 911 Restoration of San Diego right away so we can send out our water damage Carlsbad specialists quickly before anything else goes wrong!