Water Damage San Diego
911 Restoration of San Diego
Water damage is a fast-moving disastrous force that occurs when invading water floods a structure attacking its materials by causing rust, rot, and de-lamination which is why our water damage San Diego company from 911 Restoration is available 24/7 offering the fastest water damage restoration services in San Diego to treat any type of water damage you may have. When there is water damage in San Diego, our expert water extractions teams are ready to respond within 45 minutes of all calls with IICRC certified water removal technicians who are trained to restore a property from any category of water that includes:
- Category One – “Clean water” with no immediate threat to human health. This type of water can come from a burst in the main water line or flood a home via a bathtub overflow.
- Category Two – “Gray water” with moderate levels of bacteria that poses health risks to people who come into contact with it. This water can come from your appliance’s ruptured hoses or from a garbage disposal failure.
- Category Three – “Black water” with excessive levels of bacteria and disease that poses severe threats to human health. This water can contain feces and come from a burst in the sewer line or it can be contaminated ground water with chemical and biological hazards.
When there is water damage in San Diego our 911 Restoration crew members are your best choice because we are licensed, insured and bonded to handle it all, even a dangerous category three flood that demands our fast and affordable sewage backup and cleanup services that completely remove sewer water while cleansing and restoring the home. Whether you own one of those beautiful craftsman homes in the North Park neighborhood of San Diego, or a condo in Pacific Beach overlooking the pier, our 911 Restoration crews are rolling day and night to keep our communities safe, including your business out in El Cajon that may have suffered from a fire sprinkler malfunction, so call us today and let our water damage San Diego pros work with your insurance company right on the spot!
Does Homeowner’s Insurance Cover Water Damage?
The standard homeowner’s Insurance policy (HO-3, Special Form) covers every risk of direct physical loss to your property caused by water damage, but our water damage San Diego company warns that it does so with significant limitations and exclusions. In general, your insurance policy will cover accidental and sudden water damage from internal water sources but will not cover losses brought on by external causes for invading water. In other words, if your water heater leaks and floods the lower level your homeowner’s insurance will likely cover the water damage, but if a flash flood consumes your property you would likely need a supplemental flood insurance policy to cover the damage.
When there is water damage in San Diego, insurance claims can be tricky. For example, our water damage San Diego techs perform hundreds of mold removal jobs because toxic mold thrives in moist conditions, and as it stands the insurance industry doesn’t separate mold from water damage within their landscape of claims. According to Claire Wilkinson of the Insurance Information Institute, most insurers don’t distinguish between water damage claims and mold claims. Wilkinson states that about 22 percent of homeowner insurance claims stem from “water damage and freezing”—a category that also includes mold remediation. Our water damage San Diego specialists from 911 Restoration discovered that the average mold claim is between $15,000 and $30,000—a figure that is roughly five times the average non-mold related water damage claim.
Regardless if you live in Bonita out by the horse ranches or you have a home out by Sunset Cliffs, our water damage San Diego professionals are well-versed in the insurance industry with over 35 years of experience, and we work with all insurance companies to make sure your claim gets the best coverage. If there is water damage in San Diego call 911 Restoration and before we leave we will teach you how to prevent a pipe burst or your roof from leaking a second time around!
What to do for Water Damage in San Diego?
When you have water damage the first thing to do is call our water damage San Diego team so we can walk you through some vital steps while we are speeding to your home. San Diego does not get very much rainfall, but it has been known to get hit hard at times and even see flash floods due to nearby lose and unstable hillsides and vulnerable landscaping. While the average national rainfall is 36.5 inches a year, San Diego sees 10.2 inches. But don’t be fooled because our water damage San Diego pros tend to leaking roofs every year like clockwork. After you call 911 Restoration for affordable water damage repairs, here are some steps you can take for limiting water damage from a leaking roof:
- Place buckets down to catch the water, and keep a stand-by on hand for when you dump the water out. Be sure to dispose of the water at least 10 feet away from your home.
- Remove your possessions including any furniture. If you have large pieces you are unable to move on your own, our water damage San Diego team will take care of that for you.
- If carpets were soaked, pull them back to allow for speedier drying.
- If you can do so safely, gi into your attic and place buckets to catch any water coming directly down from the roof.
Because rain is not too common in San Diego, a weak roof can go unnoticed for years until a big rain storm blows in and the roof and water damage becomes all too obvious. Our water damage San Diego teams warn property owners that prevention is key, and this means you should do the following every year in order to prevent your roof from leaking and causing water damage:
- Inspect your roof inside and out. Make sure the roofing materials are not rotted, and there are no damaged or missing shingles. If your underlying roofing materials are exposed, this is a bad sign and you should call a professional roofer right away as there may be more extensive damage than what the naked eye reveals.
- Make sure your gutters are cleaned out every few months. When debris builds up water has no place to travel to and can pool on your roof causing a number of potential damage scenarios.
- Make sure your downspout is aimed away from your home by at least 10 feet.
- Inspect the flashing. The flashing around vents, chimneys, and other roof projections can allow water to enter the roof if the material is in poor condition. If the sealing is in bad shape a simple yet generous application of roof tar should do the trick.
- Check for the presence of critters. Animals find roofs very attractive places to build their nests because the area is off the ground and they find wood attractive.
Recently our water damage San Diego technicians were called out to a home in Vista where raccoons had invaded a roof, entered the attic, tore into the insulation, damaged the plumbing, and caused a pipe leak that bled through to the ceiling and into the main living space. Inspecting your roof for red flags can reveal situations like this one before they become too costly. We are licensed, insured, and bonded to handle any water damage disaster, so call 911 Restoration without delay because you deserve the best water damage company in San Diego!
Who is the Best Water Damage Company in San Diego?
Due to the fact we perform all the major restoration services in the industry, 911 Restoration is the best water damage San Diego company. As fires are common occurrences in San Diego County, you can even call our 911 Restoration pros for fire damage restoration services in which we start pumping water out from the flood caused by fire hoses. When you call our water damage San Diego team you will feel completely confident because 911 Restoration offers:
- A free inspection and quote on every call
- American-based call centers that transfer your call to your nearest water damage San Diego tech
- The most affordable price on all services
- Experienced IICRC certified uniformed professionals in company marked trucks
- The best customer service skills in the industry
- Fast, same day service 24/7, 365 days a year
- The latest drying technology
- Storage for your items
- A team that works with all insurance companies
San Diego is called “America’s Finest City” for a reason, and our 911 Restoration operatives feel honored to provide affordable and fast water damage cleanup services to keep it that way. Your home is likely your greatest investment, so call our water damage San Diego company and let our services work for you to help preserve your home or business!